Sunday, February 15, 2009

Saving our Marriage!

So, about a week ago the Gale Family couples enjoyed a weekend at an Aspen Grove Marriage Retreat. Brad Wilcox was the guest speaker and gave fabulous and entertaining messages. He spoke about marriage (of course), having a sense of humor, the atonement and the temple. It's not too often I get to sit through so many lectures (or any at all)...so it was a special treat for me. We also enjoyed delicious food. The delicious food was even more delicious because I didn't have to cook it. As the parting activity at the retreat, we got to go Cross Country skiing. I had never been and loved it. I found a new way to enjoy the outdoors in the winter time without having to plunge down a mountain out of control (skiing and snowboarding). Although, I have to admit, most of us had at least one or two out of control moments. Ryan had only cross country skiied on a friend's property, so it was kind of a first for him too. Anyway, we had a great time! We even all received our "special" romantic gift from our husbands at the retreat. Mine is pictured below. I guess you had to be there to hear Ryan's reasoning for getting me glasses. :) Posing with my romantic gift.
We are ready to take on that mountain!
Jeff and Emily
Aaron and Bruce

No comments: