Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Another use for TP

One particularly rough evening Mary had to go to bed earlier than usual as a punishment. Because she was having such a rough time even getting to bed I also pushed the time when she could wake up in the morning and come into our room even later, 7:30 instead of 7:00 (which is almost a worse punishment than going to bed early for my kids!) Well, I was laying on my bed recovering from the rough bedtime routine when I heard Mary out of her bed rummaging around. Oh no, I thought, out of bed. I took a minute or two to unwind some more and think of a consequence. Without saying a word, Mary quickly walked into my room,  handed me half a square of toilet paper and went to bed.
 
Puzzled, I looked at the half sheet and in pencil was written:
 
"Mom you brk my hrt".
 
My evening was made and my heart was filled with love for sweet Mary.

4 comments:

Steven and La Dean said...

HAHA! I can't tell you how many letters we find all over the house from Flo when she gets in trouble or has a bad day! Mostly they are all to her Dad because Mom has ruined her day. We've yet to get one on toilet paper though!

Glenn Family said...

Ha! I love your cute kids. tell her to send her aunt Michelle a letter next time. She can share all her woes with me. :)

Crissi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crissi said...

We laughed out loud at this story. It's the funniest and cutest thing I've heard in a long time. Kids say the funniest things and it helps you deal with the times they are the craziest!