Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happenings in March-and even a little sunshine!

My kids love drawing with chalk. Mary has been making such huge strides in writing her letters just by making it a little more fun and writing them on the sidewalk. She LOVES for Ryan and I to draw pictures of both her and Ariel. By the way, they always must have a crown. Sometimes she wants to be wearing rollerskates in the pictures, but not always. So, if you ever get involved, expect Mary to ask you over and over again to draw both her and ariel. Tim drew this picture (below) of camping at the beach in Oregon with his cousins and Grandma and Grandpa. He is very excited for that trip. The other day he drew a picture of me coming out of the shower. It was so adorable. Really. When he told me he wanted me to see the picture he had drawn of me coming out of the shower I was quite mortified. But then I saw the picture and just laughed inside. Nothing inappropriate for the neighbors luckily. Just a picture of me with my head and right below a ginormous belly with a belly button and long, long legs. And of course the bath was behind me. I am sorry if that image was a bit frightening. it was the cutest thing, really. A creation from the Home Depot kid's workshop. The sun is out...get out the bikes and make sure you have your princess crown on! At Disney on Ice. The kids loved it. They went the previous year and have talked about it since then. We decided they had so much fun we should try it again.
Mary getting some love from Uncle Jeff and Aunt Brittany.

2 comments:

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

so fun! Chalk is the greatest. did you take a pic of Timmy's chalk masterpiece? Made me smile reading about it

Glenn Family said...

No. I totally should have gotten a picture. :)