Friday, March 02, 2012

Lessons from a Younger Brother and Sis

Jeff and Brittany were in town for a week and we loved spending some time with them. Apparently Jeff has been wanting to play Monopoly for a while, so he suggested a few times we play BYUopoly (our version of the game). He eventually got his way and played for close to two hours with Tim, Mary and I (although I had to bow out a little early with Luke). They are now enamoured with BYUopoly and have requested to play it over and over again. So, after they left I decided to take it on and we played again, not quite two hours because Luke would not have that, but close to an hour. They continued to laugh and play and have a great time after I left until Tim was the declared winner.
Not only did Jeff and Brittany devote 2-hours Monopoly time with the kids, but they also played Crazy 8s, Slap Jack, snow games and Simon Says over and over again. As they played with the kids and their eyes lit up with "Jeff and Brittany enthusiasm" it was a reminder to me to enjoy this special time with my kids. Tim will only be six once. Mary is almost five. Luke is changing while I am writing this post. I love my kids. They have brought countless smiles to my face...a bit of frustration and some tears once in a while. But I wouldn't change the opportunity to be their Mom for a minute. Thanks for the reminder to slow down and enjoy the ride.

3 comments:

Steven and La Dean said...

Tim and Mary should come see us! Kaleb and Flo are on a Monopoly kick right now too. They played most of the day last Sunday and are at it again today!

Glenn Family said...

Haha. I guess they should! They would love some more competitors.

Brittany said...

:D