Thursday, December 10, 2009

Basketball again, time to blog!

So, Ryan is off playing basketball again and I have a couple minutes before he gets home to talk about one of my other loves...Mary! Mary absolutely adores Tim. She has so much fun playing with him. Today I heard Mary and Timmy tiptoeing downstairs and I could hear Tim whisper, "Be quiet, we don't want her to hear us." Mary quietly walked in the room and sweetly asked if quiet time was over and if she could play with Timmy. I asked Timmy if he could come out from behind the corner (I could hear him breathing) and I told them I would love for them to play together for the rest of quiet time as long as they didn't bother me.
Yesterday after playing together for a while at the end of quiet time, Tim came down and said they needed help putting the bed back together. I was confused and questioned further and he explained Mary's bed was a trampoline, to which I immediately expressed frustration over. He said they weren't actually jumping on the bed, they were jumping OFF the bed. He explained that they were jumping off the bed onto the trampoline. They had removed the mattress, blankets, crib skirt and were jumping from the crib onto the mattress. Yes, they have fun together.
Mary also LOVES Dora and Princesses and pink. She is truly a girlie girl. And I love it.
It appears from these pictures that Mary and Tim get along amazingly well. That happens about about 75% of the time. The other 25%of the time they love to tease each other. Mary can do the slightest things and get an immediate reaction from Tim that just makes her smile. Sometimes I can tell that she thinks the misbehavior is worth going to time out for. I think this because she will smile as I ask her to go to time out... It's as if she fully anticipated it coming.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Mary totally cracks me up!! I can just see her sweet little face smiling as she's asked to go to time out. It's fun to watch personailties emerge as the kids leave their baby selves behind and become KIDS! :)

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

Very Fun! Kiera and Ethan do the exact same thing with Kiera's mattress. They also use it as a wall for their "house." I've learned not to be bothered too much by it. Especially when it is too cold to go run around outside. The bed is easy to put back together. And it is fun to see them play together.