Thursday, December 03, 2009

Why I love this kid!

So, the kids are in bed, Ryan is at basketball and all is quiet. I just finished some digital scrapbooking and of course scrapbooking gets me thinking of fond memories, times I miss, and times that I am glad are far gone. But it made me think of some of the everyday things that happen in our home that I love so much! So, I am taking a moment to update my blog. Yes, to update my blog. 1. I love Tim's desire to be involved. Timmy was so excited to help me find one of the missing characters from a decoration, who happened to be named Tiny Tim, that he emptied all the packing peanuts and packing junk from a HUGE box. I love how when he is really serious about something he lays on his tummy (but that is beside the point). This was one mess that I thought was "cute" because I loved that he wanted to help out and was sooooo excited just to be involved!
2. I love our little worrier! Kay, so I don't always love his cautious side. But I love how much he thinks about things and cares. For example, today I told him that on Monday we are going on a train ride that will be just like "The Polar Express". I could tell he liked the idea, but was also so concerned. He kept asking if the train would go on mountains and how fast it would go. Then I remembered that the last train we went on was "Thunder Mountain Railroad", which scared him to death! Anyway, I told him it would not be anything like that ride...and he seemed to take some comfort. Another example: I could tell he was nervous about seeing Santa. Finally I asked him what was making him nervous and he said, "but Santa will ask me what I want for Christmas and I don't know what I want."
Tim got a new bike for his birthday. He got the hang of things quickly and seems to love riding his bike, but he has issues with helmets. I am afraid he has some irrational fear of helmets now. I won't let him ride his bike without his helmet and the other day I was about to put it on his head and he went sprinting down the driveway. Really, he was soooo scared of me. Anyway, his concern...he doesn't like it how the helmet pulls on his hair when we take it off. We will have to try it again now that he has a buzz cut. First, I have to convince him that his hair won't be an issue anymore, now that he has a new haircut. And should hair getting stuck in a helmet really be an issue anyway? Well, it is to Timmy, and he is scared to death of that helmet!
3. Tim is an absolutely amazing hiker. So, his size may not make him out to be an athlete, but his stamina completely amazes me sometimes. Mostly, when he decides to put his mind to it. We went on some hikes this last summer and just when I was sure he would give out...he would push himself that much further (Oh no, that sounded way too much like The Biggest Loser). He pushed himself so hard on some of these hikes that he took a monster nap afterwards...which if you know Timmy a nap is a very, very rare thing! This last weekend Tim and I were doing some running in the midst of a walk we were on. We kept having races basically. He sat on the ground at one point and I wondered if I would be pushing him home in the stroller and walking with Mary and out of nowhere he jumps up and wants to race again. The funny thing is, sometimes he can barely pick up his feet when he is walking, but when a race is involved he will really put it in gear!4. Tim wanted to be a bunny for Halloween. Can you believe that? I just love this kid! In the midst of all the kids that wanted to be Transformers and Spiderman, he was excited about the bunny costume our neighbor gave us. I guess part of this might be because he doesn't have older siblings to harrass him, but I love his innocence. I wonder if a few years from now when he looks back at being a bunny if he will blame me for my cruel submission to his request. But for now, I am enjoying some of the things that are making my boy that is growing up so fast a little boy in at least some small ways. By the way, before the we ever got the bunny costume from the neighbor I asked Tim what he wanted to be for Halloween at one point and he said a Hippo. Wow, where do you even get a hippo costume? That is a really great idea though!
So, this blogging has me worn out now. My brain is fried so I will have to come back to writing about Mary. Maybe I can come up with some crazy things to say about Ryan too and maybe myself. Come back in a few months and maybe I will have posted again!

4 comments:

Steven and La Dean said...

Soo fun, Michelle! They change so fast. Oh, my kids loved his bunny costume!

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

So glad to see your update. We love to see what you guys have been up to.

Glenn Family said...

Yeah, we love the bunny costume!

Jenn said...

Loved your post, Shell. You had me laughing out loud.You guys are too funny. I love that Timmy Glenn. :)