Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Shout out to the Birthday Boy!

 Bloody nose during a soccer game this Fall. He got hammered by the ball right in the nose. He actually gets nose-bleeds semi-frequently.
 Birthday Breakfast. Tim reminded me a couple times the day before his birthday that I should make sure that on the morning of his Birthday I wouldn't let him out of his room until all the decorations were up. Really? I didn't realize that was the expectation for decorations at the crack of dawn. I am glad he laid it out there for me!
 He had some friends over for a birthday party. Here they are doing the limbo.
 Birthday shirt from Grandma Shellie.
 Tim got a lego set from both Grandmas and one from Ryan and I. This kid loves Legos! And I think he has his Lego-fill for a while!

Tim's Terrific Top Ten
1.Tim is Mr. Obedient.
"Mom, one time I was at Spencer's house and Spencer said, 'Hey Timmy, let's go and sneak some candy.' I told him that is something we do not do at our house and we shouldn't do it. He said he does it all the time. So, he decided not to do it." 
I am pretty sure Tim is yet to sneak candy from our candy jar. Mary, on the other hand, has tried it a time or two. :) He is Mr. No Nonsense. No mischief from Mr. Tim.
2.He is a ball of energy. I set him lose to run laps around the house or command him to do 50 jumping jacks so he will stop unleashing his energy on anything and everything! I don't know what will happen this winter!

3. He is a superstar at reading.
4. The other day I asked Tim what he wants to be when he grows up. I said, "You know, like what you want to do for a job." Tim replied. "I want to go to work like Dad." I replied, "Yes, but what kind of work." Again he responded, with the same answer, but added, "You know when you go to an office and you make money." So we settled on the fact that he wants to be an accountant like Dad. He is actually really good with numbers and does really well with addition. Tonight he came down and told me (he was supposed to be in bed) that he had counted to 401. I tell you, that math brain didn't come from me!

5. He is empathetic. The other day he told us he was trying to find someone to play with and saw a girl in our ward who looked lonely and sad without anyone to play with. He said he asked her to play and it seemed like she got happier. He said they had alot of fun.

6. He is a scaredy-cat. He is scared to go under the house to play on his own or enter a dark room. But, he keeps begging to watch Ghostbusters or anything creepy.
7. He  is in it to win it. He hates to lose! 

8. Loves Kindergarten. His favorite part of school is recess, gym and computers. He can't wait until 1st Grade when lunchtime will be added to his list.
9. Has a winning smile.

10. He can be insanely talkative or really, really quiet. Which Tim do you know? Or should I say Timothy? He has told everyone in his kindergarten class he wants to be called Timothy. :)

4 comments:

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

did I forget to mail something AGAIN? You got his birthday card though right?

Glenn Family said...

Yeah. We got the card. Thank you! It is on our fridge. :)

Robert Glenn said...

What an awesome write up of "Timothy"! That is going to take a little getting used to! I know both kids! Luv to all, Grandma Shellie

Lalani said...

Too cute. I love that you wrote all about him, it's fun to see a written snapshot of your kids personalities.